Next month (March 23-24) is the celebration of Purim. Most people do not notice that the book of Esther takes place at the same time as the prophetic books of Zechariah and Haggai. What is the significance of this timing?
In the books of Zechariah and Haggai, we find a small, Jewish remnant having returned to Jerusalem to rebuild the altar, the Temple and the city. In the book of Esther, we find a worldwide wave of anti-Semitism coming out of Persia (ancient Iran). There is a connection between the two.
The restoration of Jerusalem represents the advancement of the kingdom of God. The wave of anti-Semitism is an evil movement that represents a spiritual attack on that kingdom restoration. The restoration of a faithful remnant in Jerusalem fuels the hatred against the Jewish people. The destruction of the kingdom remnant in Jerusalem is the goal of international anti-Semitism and genocide.
We see a similar pattern today that has a similar prophetic significance. The nation of Israel has been restored, even with Jerusalem as its capital. The Messianic remnant of faith within Israel is being restored at the same time. There is a worldwide movement of propaganda and terror whose central aim is to discredit Jewish claims to Jerusalem and to destroy Israel.
Both in the time of Zechariah and today, the logic of this spiritual warfare has to do with stopping the return of Messiah. The first restoration of Israel led to the first coming of Yeshua. The second restoration will lead to the second coming of Yeshua.
Yeshua indicated in Matthew 23:39 that His return will be at the response to the nation of Israel—especially Jerusalem—calling for His return with the cry of "Blessed be He who comes in the name of YHVH." The nation of Israel is in place; a Messianic Jewish remnant in Israel and Jerusalem is growing little by little.
The devil knows his time is short and therefore is hysterical, panicking and angry (Rev. 12:12). Therefore, such demonic hatred, lies and murder are being released against the plan of God. This is the hidden spiritual cause of much of the evil happening in world politics today.
For the original article, visit reviveisrael.org.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details