Page 2 of 3
Page 2 of 3
• Assuring us that Lois Lerner and the IRS were not intimidating Christian ministries
• Telling Americans, "There's not even a smidgen of corruption at the IRS."
• Communicating that there are no taxpayer-funded abortions
• Commenting regarding the legalizing of marijuana—"I don't think it's more harmful than alcohol."
• Assuring us that illegal immigrants from Central America would not be able to bring their children into the United States.
• Conveying in the face of savage mass killings, beheadings and rapes carried out by Muslim jihadis: "These are just random acts."
• Promising that the average family of four will save $2,500 a year through the Affordable Care Act
• Intimating repeatedly that police officers are racists
He promised his to be "the most transparent Administration," yet in reality it is recognized as the most tightly controlling administration by the majority of the Press.
After pledging to heal political divisions, he has been the most divisive president between political parties in generations.
After vowing to heal racial divisions, he has repeatedly injected racism into volatile situations, plus designated the polarizing, Al Sharpton as the White House "go-to black leader" (60 Minutes).
Add to the above short list the aggressive promotion of the LGBTQ agenda by a "Christian"; refusal to enforce federal laws on illegal immigration and marijuana; identifying with the "Hands up! Don't shoot!" mantra that is a total fabrication—it never happened!
I'll stop here. I suggest anyone interested simply go to the liberal-leaning PolitiFact which has recorded pages of lies to underscore my point.
"So how is this having an effect on our nation at large?"
A New Strain of AIDS
Starting with the White House and reverberating through Congress, the credibility and trust of leaders in America is at an all time low. I believe we are being infected by a new strain of AIDS—Acquired Integrity Deficiency Syndrome. Symptoms are showing up in not just the government but in the military, schools, media, sports and businesses.
Lest I be misunderstood, I'm not contending that all responsibility is the president's alone, yet he carries a major share of the blame because of his prominent and influential role as the leader of our nation.
As a leader goes, so goes the company ... family ... team ... ministry and even the nation. Psalm 133 illustrates this principle when it talks of blessing flowing from the top and cascading downward. It's why the Psalmist wrote, "When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice. When the wicked rule, the people groan" (Prv.29:2). This is the power of both righteousness as well as unrighteousness.
The fallout from our President's dishonesty has infiltrated our culture. The Acquired Integrity Deficiency Syndrome is obvious, if you have eyes to see. Here are a few examples.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.