Monday night in Philadelphia the Democrats opened their proceedings with a word of prayer from a Christian minister. Now that in and of itself was a miracle—right up there with the water getting turned into wine.
But when the preacher offered a blessing upon Hillary Clinton, all you-know-what broke loose.
"We have an opportunity, oh God, to give undeniable evidence to our commitment to justice and equality by nominating Hillary Rodham Clinton as our candidate for the highest office in the land," Rev. Cynthia Hale prayed.
They literally heckled the poor lady—booing and jeering right in the middle of her petition to the Almighty. At some point the jeers turned into chants for Bernie Sanders, "Bernie, Bernie ... "
To be clear—they were not chanting the name of Jesus Christ the Savior—they were chanting the name of Bernie Sanders the socialist.
They turned a moment of quiet meditation and reflection into UFC Fight Night.
Was it too much to assume the Democrats would show a little bit of reverence?
Then again, I was at their convention in 2012, when they not only booed God but they tried to vote the Almighty out of their party platform.
That's not to say the Democrats are not religious.
I personally observed vendors in Charlotte selling Obama prayer shawls and artwork that depicted the president as Jesus Christ.
In other words, the DNC only had room for one deity, but their "king of kings" was not the same one we worshipped on Sunday.
I also recall Charlotte being inundated with heavy thunderstorms not too long after their act of public sacrilege. The same thing happened Monday in Philadelphia.
I'm no theologian, but it sounds like the Almighty might be trying to send a subtle message to the liberals.
So all you Democrats, listen up!
The next time you guys pray, bow your heads, close your eyes —and stop acting like a bunch of godforsaken, no-account heathens who don't have the sense God gave a goose.
Todd Starnes is host of "Fox News & Commentary," heard on hundreds of radio stations. Sign up for his American Dispatch newsletter, be sure to join his Facebook page and follow him on Twitter. His latest book is The Deplorables' Guide to Making America Great Again.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details