Special guests gathered at the White House Rose Garden, celebrating a historic milestone—the 31st anniversary of the passage of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Attendees included President Joe Biden, Vice President Kamala Harris, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, Sen. Patrick Leahy and Sen. Bob Casey Jr., among others, including a number of individuals with physical disabilities.
Harris opened the proceedings, touting the law, enacted in 1990, as a great thing for disabled Americans.
"The ADA gives all Americans the opportunity to determine their own future," Harris said. "Self-determination, which I believe the government must facilitate—that is the impact of the ADA and, after all, the promise of America."
Harris introduced Maryland-based artist Tyree Brown, who sat in a wheelchair listening to the opening remarks. It became apparent that she had not been properly vetted for the event as she made her way to the microphone.
"Hi, I'm Tyree Brown. I'm a Christian artist, and I want to give all the glory for all I am to the Lord Jesus Christ," Brown said to the astonishment of the audience. In particular, those on stage responded with silence.
Brown continued with a couple of short comments, greeting her mother who was watching online, and speaking on the American Disabilities Act. But it was her boldness in the Rose Garden, in the center of a regime that is passionate in its repudiation of every basic premise of the very Lord that Tyree so boldly proclaimed, that shocked the audience.
She reminded all that, in spite of efforts to erase the Lord from the center of power in this country, Christ's precious ones are sharing the love of Jesus with confidence and love.
Brown proudly proclaimed the Lord Jesus Christ from the pulpit of her wheelchair, reminding all in the White House Rose Garden—including Biden, Harris, Pelosi and the rest of the assembled guests— that the love of God still rules.
Bestselling author of God and Cancel Culture Stephen Strang says, "The Black church is so important in the Black community" ... reflecting the words of John in Revelation 7:9, "Then I looked. And there was a great multitude which no one could count, from all nations and tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, with palm branches in their hands."
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details