The word "throwdown" in today's society typically means a friendly challenge. I remember watching iron chef, Bobby Flay respond to a "throwdown" from an unknown chef to a battle of who was the better cook in regards to a specific recipe. It was a friendly battle.
But in the Bible, a throwdown was anything but friendly. It was a call to cleanse the land and take back that which had been stolen.
It is our call today to throw down (via intercession and declaration) that which challenges the righteousness of God.
As I was reading this morning, that challenge from the Bible jumped out specifically in regards to two areas that are plaguing our land—abortion and sexual immorality (regarding the latter, I am referring to homosexuality and living together before marriage which are becoming accepted in the church.)
What does the Bible tell us?
And I said to the angel speaking to me, "What are these?" And he answered, "These are the horns that have scattered Judah, Israel, and Jerusalem." Then the Lord showed me four craftsmen. And I said, "What are these coming to do?" And he said, "These are the horns that scattered Judah after which no one could raise his head; and these four craftsmen have come to terrify and throw down the horns of the nations who lifted up their horn against the land of Judah to scatter it" (Zech. 1:19-21).
The horns in this verse represented the countries and leadership that opposed not only the Israelites, but ultimately the Lord.
We are to "throw down" the "horns," which represents those in leadership and other countries who are opposing President Trump in his efforts to cleanse our land—who are ultimately opposing a return to righteousness in our nation.
Where else are we called to "throw down"?
"When Jehu came to Jezreel, Jezebel heard about it. She put black paint on her eyes, adorned her head, and looked down through the window. As Jehu entered in at the gate, she said, "Is everything all right, Zimri, murderer of his master?"
And he lifted up his face toward the window and said, "Who is on my side? Who?" And two or three eunuchs looked down to him. He said, "Drop her down." So they dropped her down and some of her blood splattered on the wall and on the horses. Then he trampled her (2 Kings 9:30-33).
It is interesting that President Trump is like a modern-day Jehu in this hour. He is a spearhead to cleanse our land so revival can take place.
We are also reminded in Revelation the necessity to "throw down."
"But I have a few things against you: You permit that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess, to teach and seduce My servants to commit sexual immorality and eat food sacrificed to idols" (Rev. 2:20).
The last verse, I believe, speaks directly to how the church has been seduced by the world to tolerate and embrace both the lifestyle of living together before marriage and homosexuality (sexual immorality) as well as abortion. Abortion is not a "right." It is children who are sacrificed to idols—the idol of "choice."
How does that happen? How do godly men and women fall to such deception? It is by seduction and tolerance of Jezebel.
We, as the church, have tolerated this blight on our land. Some denominations, churches and pastors are now changing their entire theological structure to embrace one or both of these actions that the Lord has clearly spoken are to be "thrown down" and not accepted! (To be clear, I am saying we are to love the sinner, but we cannot condone the sin. We are to denounce the sin as sin, but we love the sinner and invite them to come.)
If you are reading this, and you have a heart to pray and be a watchman on the wall, then will you join with me today not only to call this down in prayer, but also speak out to those around you to join this battle and throw down that which is being established as law in our nation?
It is time we: Throw. It. Down. (In prayer and intercession. This is not a call to violence.)
And, I ask you, as Jehu once did—who is on our side? Who?
Let us stand together, link arms and form a wall to intercede and declare:
- Abortion and sexual immorality, we throw you down from your high place, we repent and we declare the righteousness of God to be established!
- We say to that mountain of "social justice and equality" rather than true justice, "Grace, grace" that these blights will come down and become a plain before our eyes. We declare that we are taking back our land and call forth the glory of God to be revealed.
"Who are you, O great mountain? Before Zerubbabel you will be made level ground, and he will bring out the top stone amidst shouting of 'Grace! Grace to the stone!'" (Zech. 4:7).
- We pray off the blinders and deception that has come into the church and upon church leaders who have been seduced and now embrace sin and call it "normal." We pray that the Holy Spirit will guide them into all truth.
"But when the Spirit of truth comes, He will guide you into all truth. For He will not speak on His own authority. But He will speak whatever He hears, and He will tell you things that are to come" (John 16:13).
- We declare that President Trump is unimpeachable, and that this ungodly attack to remove him from office and stop the cleansing of our land will not succeed. Instead we call repentance, cleansing and revival to come forth!
Karen Hardin is an intercessor, author, minister and literary agent. Her work has appeared in USA Today, World Net Daily, Intercessors for America, Charisma, CBN.com, The Elijah List and more. For additional information, you can contact her at prioritypr.org or karenhardin.com.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details