You believe Jesus is Lord, you attend weekly services at your local Christian fellowship, you read the Bible and even memorize Scriptures. Yet, something is missing. You begin to question your walk with the Lord. And with quite a bit of delusion, you have come to the conclusion that something is missing and there has got to be more to Christianity than what you have.
A young man in Austin, Texas came to this point of delusion with his daily walk with the Lord. He was raised in a denominational church that taught him this was it. And even though he realized that his salvation in Jesus Christ is a great gift and his entrance into eternal life in heaven, something was missing to walk out his faith on this earth. And he reached the point where he knew there had to be more to Christianity. He cried out to God and said, "Enough is enough!" He accepted an invitation to come to a healing conference being held with another fellowship that weekend. And this is where I met this young man.
This young man had heard the Word preached before, but never with the demonstration of power that he read about in the Bible. And when he came into the presence of the Holy Spirit it made him cry out all the harder for more—more of God. He wanted it all, not just part.
I offered to minister the baptism of the Holy Spirit to those who had never received this precious gift before. He came forward, and even though this was all new to him, he was ready to receive from God what had been missing all these years. I placed my hand upon him and baptized him in the Holy Spirit. And this young man not only started to pray in tongues, but he fell to the floor, and his spirit cried out with great sorrow and joy. Sorrow for what he had lost during all these years because he was taught that the workings of the Holy Spirit had been done away with. And he also sobbed for joy because at this moment, he stepped into a fullness with God he had never known before.
Another man had been in the same denomination for many years and was furious when he first learned the truth about the Holy Spirit. He felt he had been robbed, and he had. But since then, he has begun to walk in the fullness of the Spirit and even ministers healing to the sick with success.
These are both common responses when God's people first receive the truth about the baptism of the Holy Spirit.
The false doctrine that teaches the Holy Spirit, His gifts and power are done away with causes great harm and suffering to the body of Christ. And that's exactly what the enemy wants. He desires God's people to walk in defeat and discouragement. He is so bent upon our destruction that he authored this slanderous lie against the Spirit of God.
Here is the evidence that the baptism of the Holy Spirit, His gifts and His power are for today.
- The Holy Bible says that the Scriptures are God-breathed, and they will endure forever. Do you believe the Holy Bible is God's Word? I do. And because I believe the Word of God I walk successfully in the baptism of the Holy Spirit, His gifts, and in His power. And you can too if you will believe His word.
- "All Scripture is inspired by God and is profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work" (2 Tim. 3:16-17).
- "The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God shall stand forever" (Isa. 40:8).
- "Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will never pass away." Mt. 24:35.
- God is truthful. Do you believe God lies to you? Or do you believe He is truthful in every way? I believe God speaks only the truth, and because of this, His truth sets me free. I am not bound to religious lies conjured up by Satan. I believe Him when He speaks of the benefits of the baptism of the Holy Spirit.
- "Your word is true from the beginning, and every one of Your righteous judgments endures forever" (Ps. 119:160).
- "You shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free" (John 8:32).
- "Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth" (John 17:17).
- God tells us that He does not change, this includes the Holy Spirit, the baptism of the Holy Spirit and all of His gifts. He is the same yesterday, today and forever. Do you believe this? I do. And because I believe this I have the assurance that no matter what happens in today's world, God is stationary and remains to be my foundation in this life.
- "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, and today, and forever" (Heb. 13:8).
- "For I am the Lord, I do not change" (Mal. 3:6a).
- "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom is no change or shadow of turning" (James 1:17).
- Concerning the baptism of the Holy Spirit, here are a few verses found in the Bible.
- "'He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart shall flow rivers of living water.'" By this He spoke of the Spirit, whom those who believe in Him would receive. For the Holy Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified" (John 7:38-39).
- "'Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God" (Rom. 8:26-27).
- "Peter said to them, 'Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of sins, and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. For the promise is to you, and to your children, and to all who are far away, as many as the Lord our God will call'" (Acts 2:38-39).
- He said that when the Holy Spirit comes upon us, we would have His power. Is your life filled with the power of the Holy Spirit? Or is your walk with the Lord lame? If it's the latter, what are you going to do about it?
- "But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you. And you shall be My witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth" (Acts 1:8).
- ""If a son asks for bread from any of you who is a father, will you give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will you give him a serpent instead of a fish? Or if he asks for an egg, will you offer him a scorpion? If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him?" (Luke 11:11-13).
- "And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues, as the Spirit enabled them to speak" (Acts 2:4).
Remember, Jesus is God's gift to the sinner, and the Holy Spirit and His baptism are for the believer only. If you have already received Jesus as your Savior and would now like to be baptized in the Holy Spirit with the evidence of praying in tongues, then place your hand upon your heart and let's pray this aloud together. Keeping in mind, this is not your earthly language, but a supernatural language given to you by the Spirit of God.
Dear heavenly Father, I am a believer in Jesus Christ, and I ask You in His name for the baptism of the Holy Spirit, with the evidence of speaking in tongues. I believe and receive from you. In Jesus' name, amen.
Now, it's time to put your faith into action. Open up your mouth, move your tongue and give voice to what the Holy Spirit will pray through you. He will not force you, but as you activate faith He will flow through you with this utterance gift.
Both Jesus and His salvation and the Holy Spirit and the baptism of the Holy Spirit are great gifts to be received and opened and put to use in our daily lives, in heaven and on earth.
Becky Dvorak is a prophetic healing evangelist and the author of DARE to Believe, Greater Than Magic and, soon to be released, The Healing Creed. Visit her at authorbeckydvorak.com.
This article originally appeared at authorbeckydvorak.com.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Subscribe to Charisma and join a family of believers that enjoy God's presence and operate in the gifts and the fruits of the Spirit. Live your life in the Spirit!
Woman of God, you are anointed. Step into your destiny and live a life of boldness, power and strength. Get the Anointing Bundle plus 2 Free Gifts. Learn More.
Learn to hear God speak, encounter the Holy Spirit, and soak in His presence. Order the Holy Spirit Series for you and get a FREE set for a friend. View Special Offer.