There is an underhanded way to sell products called the bait-and-switch method. Here is how it works: A retailer entices a person to purchase an item. Yet, when the consumer gets ready to buy the product, he is told that there are no more in inventory.
Immediately, the deceptive retailer tries to sell the consumer another product that is inferior to the one first offered. If the consumer buys it, the retailer makes a handsome profit, while the customer is swindled.
In the same way, false teachers use biblical words to capture attention and gain the trust of someone seeking the life of Jesus Christ. They use trusted terms to lure people away from the salvation message of the life of Jesus Christ. Essentially, they are the masters of the bait-and-switch method.
Deception is a principal tool used by the enemy. Names such as devil and Satan are significant words because they mean "deceiver" and "slanderer."
Like the false teachers in the New Testament, those who seek to deceive us through misguided religious interpretation help Satan achieve his goal of keeping us from establishing an intimate relationship with the Lord.
It has been said that Satan is not fighting churches; he is joining them! He can do more harm by sowing tares than by pulling up wheat. How do you become spiritually "in tune" with God? Ask Him to make you sensitive to His voice. Refuse to listen to or to spend time with ideologies that do not line up with the Word of God.
Prayer: Lord, thank You for Your Word. Please help me to be spiritually tuned in to Your voice, blocking the lies of the enemy. I pray this in the name of Jesus. Amen.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer