As if Target's restroom and fitting room policy wasn't frightening enough, American Family Association (AFA) is alerting shoppers about "10 Examples of Men Abusing Target's Dangerous Policy."
In an Action Alert to its more than 1 million friends and supporters, AFA outlined just 10 examples that show why Target should rescind its dangerous policy and keep men out of women's facilities:
- Man wanted for taking photos inside Target changing room
- Transgender woman caught filming in Target changing room
- Man seen reaching under stall with phone in Target dressing room
- 'Peeping Tom' reported in Target dressing room
- Teen girl reports dressing room peeper at Target
- Police Looking for Target Peeper
- Target peeping Tom pleads guilty
- Man Arrested for Taking Photos of Woman in Target Bathroom
- Peeping Tom caught filming women in Brentwood Target dressing rooms
- 'Peeping Tom' took pics of people in Target bathroom
"These 10 examples and many more like them are chilling evidence that Target's restroom and fitting room policy—its politically correct answer to a small minority—continues to put women and girls at risk," said AFA President Tim Wildmon. "These are not isolated incidents, but rather, the headlines continue to mount. Families must make their voices heard by signing the #BoycottTarget pledge and communicating to Target that they will no longer shop at a retail chain that has no interest in their safety."
Since April, AFA has been encouraging shoppers to #BoycottTarget after the retailer publicized its dangerous and controversial restroom and fitting room policy—one that alienated families, along with more than 1.4 million shoppers who have signed the pledge. And since the boycott began, the news has not been good for Target, especially after the corporation announced dismal second-quarter earnings. Likewise, Target stock has dropped drastically since the spring.
"As AFA has stated many times, our worries do not stem from fear of the transgender community," Wildmon continued, "but rather, from both the real and potential threat that predators and voyeurs, or anyone with evil intentions, would take advantage of the Target bathroom policy to harm women and children—and we have plenty of incidents to show that they have."
As frightening incidents at Target stores continue, AFAis asking shoppers to take action in several ways this month:
- Sign the #BoycottTarget pledge. Encourage family and friends to sign the pledge, too, as boycott numbers climb to 1.5 million.
- Voice your concerns on Target's Facebook page.
- Call Target to politely let its executives know you've signed the #BoycottTarget pledge—Guest Relations, (800) 440-0680, option 1, then 1 again.
- Share the boycott information on social media and be sure to use #BoycottTarget.
- Visit afa.net/target for more tools and information on the #BoycottTarget initiative.
Never miss another Spirit-filled news story again. Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Three Summer Deals from Charisma: