Pro-choice activists often extol the virtue of women's self-determination on the issue of abortion. Perhaps you're on the fence about whether a "woman's choice" to abort overrides any other ethical concerns. Why should you or I care?
In a new video just released, young mother and blogger Lisa Smiley reveals it's simple: because a baby, with a heartbeat and its own unique DNA structure, is killed in the process. That's why.
Is there any logic to this argument of "women's choice"? Let's put it into proper context. When another life is hurt or killed in the process of expressing a woman's right to choose, then there's something grossly wrong. What happened to the child's rights?
No one talks about what happens in an abortion. In a D&C procedure, the body of the baby is cut into pieces with a sharp steel knife and extracted from the womb. In another procedure, the baby is dismembered and vacuumed out.
Sometimes, the baby is expelled and flushed down the toilet. Or, a saline solution is injected into the womb, to burn the baby's skin and poison her to death. In partial-birth abortions, the baby is partially delivered while still alive. The doctor punctures the base of the baby's skull and sucks her brains out to kill her.
Is this brutal and bloody killing of an innocent life the kind of "choice" women knowingly sign up for? No! The abortion industry lies every day to vulnerable women, as my own personal story attests.
We hear it all the time: "It's a woman's body, so it's a woman's choice." Really? A baby is not part of a woman's body, it's in her body—that baby is a unique and separate living being.
How many women do you know who would agree to have part of her body or limbs cut up and suctioned out? An innocent life had no say in whether or not to be subjected to violence, as science now shows the pain a baby feels in the womb.
The next time you hear abortion is a woman's choice, don't fall for that argument. A right to slice up, cut up, and suction out our own babies is not a matter of choice. It's a matter of right or wrong, just or unjust. Tell that person a "woman's right to choose" can never, ever justify abortion.
Debby Efurd serves as president of Dallas-based Initiative 180 and its program of recovery, Peace After the Storm. She earned a bachelor's degree in counseling from Dallas Baptist University. Debby is the author of Go Tell It! (which released in 2015) and a blogger for Bound4LIFE International, a faith-based pro-life organization.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.