For three years, he had heard the voices:
"You're no good."
"You'll never make it."
Diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia and told there was no cure, this young man had suffered for more than three years. But then he and his pastor father and mother came to see Dr. Don Colbert. And God used Colbert to give this young man healing in a truly miraculous way.
Colbert and his wife, Mary, share the story with Dr. Steve Greene on a recent episode of the Greenelines podcast on the Charisma Podcast Network. "He heard different voices all day long," Colbert says. "I saw him one time about six months ago. We put them on a good nutritional program to decrease inflammation in the brain ,took them off the gluten, all the inflammatory foods, and he did a lot better.
Not long ago, the young man and his parents made a return visit to Colbert's office. "I said, 'How are the voices?' Colbert says.
"Well, they're real distant, but I still hear them," the young man told him.
Colbert decided to use a form of trauma therapy with the young man. "We found that he hadn't forgiven himself," he says. "These voices made him so condemned that literally, he couldn't forgive himself. He thought he was dumb. He thought he was no good. He felt condemned.
"I said, 'I bet you're hearing the voice that you've committed the unpardonable sin, that you'll never go to heaven,'" Colbert says.
"He looked at me, shocked," Colbert says.
"How did you know? Who told you?" the young man asked him.
"Well, I've treated a lot of schizophrenics," Colbert told him. "This is one thing that usually those voices tell them over and over.' I said, 'Well, that's a lie. That's not true.'"
Colbert took him through the trauma therapy, and after only 10 minutes, the voices disappeared. Colbert asked the young man's parents to lay hands on their son, and the three prayed over him as he received the Holy Spirit.
"The whole family walked out of there rejoicing," Colbert says. "This is something we see on a regular basis."
For much more from Dr. Don and Mary Colbert—including the anti-COVID-protocol he recommends—listen to this entire episode of the Greenelines podcast at this link, and subscribe to Greenelines on your favorite podcast platform for more inspiring stories like this one. Listen to the Colberts' own podcast, Divine Health with Dr. Don Colbert, also on the Charisma Podcast Network, and preorder Dr. Don Colbert's new book, Beyond Keto, wherever fine books are sold.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details