God gives us knowledge in various areas, but more than that, He gives us wisdom. And with all the health care issues our country faces today, we need to apply godly wisdom.
"If we ask Him for information, and He gives us information, but don't ask for wisdom, we don't know how to apply the information correctly, that becomes a bridge toward drifting into foolishness," leading naturopathic doctor and health expert Mark Sherwood tells Dr. Steve Greene on a recent episode of Greenelines on the Charisma Podcast Network.
"We are a Spirit who has a soul that lives in the body," Sherwood, part of the speaker lineup for Clay Clark and Gen. Michael Flynn's ReAwaken America Tour, says. "So while we're walking the earth ... we have to understand they all interact with one another. So in other words, we've done a very poor job in our world of separating.
"We're going to go to church for our spiritual health; we're going to go to the counselor for emotional health; and we're going to go to the gym for physical health, when in reality, God is really about all those at the same time," Sherwood says. "He wants us to be whole and healthy in all areas."
Sherwood says 20% of America's gross national product is tied to "this thing we erroneously call health care. Health care is not health care; it's sick care. ... What if 80 to 85% of these modern-day illnesses such as type 2 diabetes, heart disease, cancers, autoimmune conditions, dementia, osteoporosis ... were to go away? What would happen to our ability to not just take care of death but to live in prosperity, to live in the concept of healing, with the concept of what God intended?"
Jesus didn't lay His hands on people or pray for them so they could manage disease, Sherwood says. Instead, He healed them.
"Again, we've got to understand that there's God's system, and there is man's system," Sherwood says. "God's system is about healing; man's system is about management. God system is about eliminating disease; man's system is about profiting from disease.
Sherwood says the government has us in bondage because of its involvement in lifestyle and health and that we must instead return to God's plan. For much more from Sherwood on true health and healing, listen to this entire episode of Greenelines here and subscribe to Greenelines on your favorite podcast platform for more inspiring, informative stories like this one. Be sure to tune in to Sherwood's own podcast, Hope & Health, also on the Charisma Podcast Network.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details