Amy Grant, six-time Grammy winner, multiplatinum recording artist and more, could have any number of things to say about her career. But as she celebrates that career and the release of the 30th anniversary edition of her iconic album, Heart in Motion, they all boil down to one thing: the faithfulness of God.
"As I look back over the last 30 years ... I feel so humbled by the tenderness of God," Grant tells Dr. Steve Greene on a recent episode of the Greenelines podcast on the Charisma Podcast network. "And my prayer for all the people in my life that I know and love is just, 'God, keep finding them the way You keep finding me.'"
Grant, 60, shares the story of how she wrote the lyrics for one of the popular tracks on Heart in Motion. "The real charm of 'Baby, Baby' is the incredible music," Grant says. "And Keith Thomas gave me this track that he had written and said, 'I want some lyrics to this. ... I would just listen to that music, and it just made me so happy. I just remember one day I had toted the little baby carrier and set it on the kitchen counter. I sat down right in front of it, and Millie was 6 weeks old."
Millie, now 30, just announced the news of her first pregnancy, Grant says. And Grant herself is still in motion, with plans to resume a COVID-stopped tour beginning in August. "We've got 39 shows before December," she says. "And then more in December."
As far as what she has learned in her long career, Grant says, "One of them is just how important it is for us to cultivate a language of respect. Yes, because out of the fertile ground of respect, every good thing grows."
For much more from Amy Grant on life, music and the wisdom God has given her through the years—including her own favorite song from the many she has recorded—listen to the entire episode of Greenelines at this link. Subscribe to Greenelines on your favorite podcast platform for more inspiring stories like this one.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details