"Lord, if you're the same God today, then why is the church not walking in the power, in the anointing that was displayed in Acts, that Jesus died to give us?"
Dr. Kristi Lemley asked God this simple question with no idea where His answer would lead, she tells Dr. Steve Greene on a recent episode of the Greenelines podcast on the Charisma Podcast Network. Today, she serves as a presbyter within the Assemblies of God and hosts her own podcast, Living in the Light, in addition to writing and speaking.
"I'm passionate about helping people walk out their purpose with the passion and fire of God," she says. And that passion grew out of nothing less than personal revival.
"Revival is God's best for us," she says. "If we're not living in revival, if you look at it, it's like somebody who is dead ... you have to put those heart shocks on them, that defibrillator, to bring them back. That's not God's best for us. And so I had the Lord just begin in my own heart.
"When I experienced revival—the presence of the Lord is so powerful and amazing," she says. "And there's a spiritual awakening, and things in the Spirit just increase when you're in revival. Yes, miracles, signs and wonders are great, but there's also a deeper knowledge and love of the Word and sharing who Jesus is with others—because that's part of our purpose."
For much more from Dr. Kristi Lemley on how we can live in the light through personal revival every day, listen to this entire episode of Greenelines here, and be sure to subscribe to the Greenelines podcast on your favorite podcast platform for more inspiring stories like this one. You'll also want to look for Lemley's new book, ABLAZE: Prepare Your Heart for Revival, wherever fine books are sold and check out her podcast, Living in the Light, on the Charisma Podcast Network.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details