My friend is lost. And I don't know how to pray for him.
In fact, I don't even know what to pray.
If we're honest, most of us would say we have similar struggles in prayer. So instead of praying for a specific person or situation, we either pray only for ourselves and our own needs.
Or, worse, we don't pray at all.
But not knowing how or what to pray, Jon Graf says, is the very time we need to do so.
"I've found that the longer somebody prays over a topic where they come back to it and come back to it, what happens is they get God's heart for that topic," the president of the Church Prayer Leaders Network tells Dr. Steve Greene on a recent episode of the Greenelines podcast on the Charisma Podcast Network.
"God starts to infuse them with His heart for that person or that situation," Graf says. "And then a lot of times, as we pray more for something, and we get God's heart, God begins to move and nudge us to become the answer to our prayers."
The person who didn't know how to pray for his lost friend often becomes the one who decides, "I'm going to share my faith," or "I'm going to help my neighbor" after taking the step to pray, Graf says.
"And so that really is the ultimate of what we're looking for: that we get people praying on something," he explains. "We help them to pray with more Scripture and more faith, and then God starts to do the work in their heart, and they start to become the answer.
"How many people do you know who were praying for a nation and all of a sudden decided to take a prayer journey to that nation or mission trip?" Graf asks. "That's what happens. ... And so that's what we're trying to do."
For more from Jon Graf on how God can use us as the answer to our own prayers, listen to the entire episode of the Greenelines podcast here. Be sure to subscribe to Greenelines on your favorite platform. And check out the latest book from Jon Graf and PrayerShop Publishing, Make Us One, as well as his powerful podcast, Pray Beyond, on the Charisma Podcast Network.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details