Not everyone has the opportunity to speak into the life of a president. Famed evangelist Billy Graham held that role for many years with multiple officeholders. And Pastor Sam Rodriguez, president of the National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference, has advised three former presidents: President George W. Bush, President Barack Obama and President Donald Trump. However, he says, he has a unique prophetic connection to this role.
"I'm there to speak prophetically and then walk away," he tells Dr. Steve Greene on a recent episode of the Greenelines podcast on the Charisma Podcast Network. "And that's my story." Rodriguez adds that God has given him three major points to focus on: life, religious liberty and biblical justice.
But despite his passionate involvement with each of these causes, Rodriguez says, "I'm open to advising this new president, if called upon. I will never compromise my values. I never did before. I advised presidents that I never voted for, by the way. So I'm not here to endorse them or their platform. I'm there to speak prophetically and walk away."
And God has given Rodriguez a specific way to handle this, he says. "I would actually go in there, be with President Bush, be with President Obama, even with President Trump, I would walk in, and they would say, 'Samuel, what say ye?' and I would share whatever I believe."
Rodriguez, a longtime Assemblies of God pastor, says, "In all of my presidential White House meetings, I would actually ask the Holy Spirit, 'Holy Spirit, if You don't tell me to say anything, I will not. Matter of fact, I won't even ask to speak. If You want me to speak, convict the president or whoever's in charge of the meeting to call upon me. If they don't call upon me, I won't speak. So if You really want me to say something, You make a way for me to say something, but if I have to force it, I won't say it.'
"And that was my policy," Rodriguez said. "There were meetings that I attended that I just said nothing. And then there were some where the president would say, 'Sam, you know, we haven't heard from you. What say ye? What say ye?' And then I would chime in and share whatever the Spirit of God had placed on my heart."
To hear more from Pastor Sam Rodriguez about what he believes is his God-ordained role in advising presidents and the anointing he believes the church has to "speak truth to power," listen to the entire episode of Greenelines here. And be sure to subscribe to the Greenelines podcast so you don't miss any of these informative, inspiring stories.
Follow breaking news like this and more in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details