The phrase "new normal" has almost become colloquial.
Most of us have arrived at this conclusion escorted by Captain Obvious.
Like the suit I wore at my wedding in 1973, I don't expect to walk that way again. I believe we all sense that many things have changed and will continue to change.
R.T. Kendall's newest book is rich with an explanation of why we must change our ways.
"I've been thinking about Joshua's word to the children of Israel," Kendall said. "They were preparing to enter Canaan, the promised land. Then God spoke through Joshua to say, 'You've never been this way before.'"
"Those words gripped me. I thought, how sweet of the Lord to talk like that. And yet, it's so scary. Let's just know that God knows where we've been. He knows where we're going. And He's with us. It was just such a comforting word. Then I realized this is where we are in America, where we are right now, even as we speak today. We've never been this way before. People are still saying, when's the next one? We've got to have normality again. And I honestly fear that the new normal is that nothing will be normal again," Kendall said.
"I was not prepared for how well it went, how easy it was to write," Kendall said. "I hadn't even thought about a book. I was just thinking about Joshua's word. After three weeks, the book was finished. Mind you, it is not the longest book I've ever written. Most of my books have 50,000 words, maybe 60,000. This one had only 31,000."
I asked Dr. Kendall to shed some light about why God is allowing the COVID-19 virus to have such a stranglehold on the world.
"There are some things God does not want us to have all the answers to," he said. "Let me give an example: Moses saw the burning bush, and the bush didn't burn up. And the fire just kept going, and the bush didn't burn up.
"And Moses said I'm gonna find out what's going on here. And he rushed to the bush and God said, 'Stop, stop. Don't come any farther. Don't come any closer. Take off your shoes. You are on holy ground.' Moses wanted to figure out how a bush could be on fire and not burn up. And God says, 'You're not to know why. So, I apply this to things in life. And I would say the difference between what God has predestined and what He has permitted is holy ground. There are things that we're not supposed to figure out—we're to take off our shoes and worship and be content not to know everything," Kendall said.
We need to pray that our new normal will please God. To become more like Him, we must put off our old ways and pray for a fresh awakening.
Dr. Steve Greene is the publisher and executive vice president—Media Group, Charisma Media. Sign up here for Dr. Greene's newsletters.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details