As former co-host of popular morning television show The View and former co-anchor of Good Morning America Weekend, Paula Faris can tell you: Fame isn't everything.
Only when she found God's purpose for her life did Faris discover her identity apart from her vocational career: a true kingdom warrior to help reach the masses for Him. She now hosts ABC's popular podcast called Journeys of Faith and has discovered contentment in her calling for the Lord.
After her exit from two "to die for" jobs, Faris now serves God will all her heart.
"So when I was flat on my face after I walked away from my two dream jobs and I didn't know who I was outside of them, that's when God really revealed, 'OK, let's contextualize this word I gave you,'" Faris told Dr. Steve Greene on a recent episode of Greenelines on the Charisma Podcast Network.
"You have a faith calling, a purpose. And then you have your vocational calling. Your faith calling is who you are, and it has nothing to do with what you do for a living. That's the part of you that won't change. That's why you're here on this earth. For me, my purpose is to love God and love people.
"My purpose isn't to be the best broadcaster that I can be. That probably was my purpose two years ago. That's probably why I was so jacked up. But, my purpose, my faith calling is to love God and love people, and you have to define your purpose. God can call you vocationally to different branches in different seasons, different moments.
"Wherever you are placed, it's like a vine in a branch. Your vine is your faith calling and the branches that flow out of it. A healthy vine produces many branches so you can have many vocational branches, but they all have to flow out of divine being, your purpose, your faith calling."
For the rest of Paula Faris' testimony, listen to the entire podcast.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details