As a former megachurch pastor and president of two major Christian universities as well as founder of Global Servants, Mark Rutland has dealt with a lot of adversity in his career as a kingdom leader.
But the key to thriving in ministry—and in life—Rutland says, is not wallowing in your misfortune, whatever it may be, but rising above any type of crisis when it comes along. In other words, deal with the situation head-on, because God will give the strength to overcome it.
It's great advice for everyone—especially leaders—considering what's going on in the world right now. And it's part of what Rutland teaches in his new podcast, The Leader's Notebook.
"You can't become crisis obsessed or crisis addicted," Rutland told Dr. Steve Greene on a recent episode of Greenelines on the Charisma Podcast Network. "As soon as you begin to get on top of the crisis, you have to say to your people, your team and to yourself, 'We're going to get out of this. We're on top of it, and we're going to get victory over it. We're getting back our vision.'
"You may be the president of a company, and suddenly there are major changes in your industry. Something happens, and you have to redesign a product or something of that nature. You have to do that. If you ignore it, it can destroy your strategic plan. But remember, your vision is not streamlining new products, it's getting on with the job. The new product is a crisis response.
"So we're coming out of this virus, and business is trying to return to whatever form of normality it can find. How do you effectively pick up the reins and make the horse plow? I make a major distinction between strategy and tactics. Strategy is your long-term set of goals and plans leading toward your vision. Tactics is the short-range or medium-range response to some sort of crisis."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer