If there's one thing that concerns Mary Colbert about the COVID-19 crisis, it's that the church seems have put more trust in science and the government than it has in its Savior, Jesus Christ.
In times like these, the founder of Nation Builders, a popular and successful national prayer line, says the church should be walking without fear and trust that Jesus is watching our backs instead of living in a daily panic mode like the rest of the population. If you're a true believer, it should be a mandate.
Colbert says she and her husband, popular doctor and bestselling author Don Colbert, have continued to travel and to walk fearless through the pandemic.
"We've had no fear whatsoever; as a result, it pretty much has not disrupted our life much at all," Mary told Dr. Steve Greene on a recent episode of Greenelines on the Charisma Podcast Network. We've been to Canada, New York, California, Dallas. I've been on a plane about 15 times during this whole coronavirus outbreak. We haven't missed a lick.
"We have been just going about our life, totally normal and trusting the Lord. I know that not everybody has been or can be doing that. Don and I both are concerned as to the amount of fear the church is operating under. On March 15 when President Trump announced that everything was shutting down. I tweeted out that churches shouldn't shut down. If anything, they should meet in their cars in the parking lot, because this shouldn't have stopped the gathering of believers. It's unfortunate because we're supposed to be leading the charge and not the government. I'm afraid that the body of Christ is that they trust science more than they do their faith. And that's concerning to me as a person of faith. ...
"Something is at work here, and the church needs to be as wise as serpents. We need to get our discernment sharpened in the ways that you are going to be able to hear the voice of God. Each person is going to have to begin to learn to hear that voice. He said, 'My sheep know My voice, and they do not obey.' So, we're entering into a season and time that it's very critical that every believer begins to sharpen their ability to hear and to know what is real and to know what is not real and to be navigated by the Holy Spirit and not the spirit of antichrist."
For more about how the church needs to sharpen its discernment, listen to the entire podcast.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details