John Bevere says it took many years for him to learn the true meaning of the word "honor." When God opened his eyes, the concept became a life-changer for the international evangelist and teacher.
Bevere says it isn't always easy to walk in honor, especially when your views and values don't jibe with those in authority. But whether or not you agree with them, you must learn to respect and honor them to reap blessings in your own life.
"Honor is the language of heaven," Bevere told Dr. Steve Greene on a recent episode of Greenelines on the Charisma Podcast Network. "If you look at the word 'honor,' it means valuable, weighty and precious, such as gold. So, whenever you say 'honor,' you're thinking about valuing something or someone. To dishonor means to treat as ordinary or common.
"Here's a Scripture to confirm it, in John 17. Jesus prayed this prayer: 'Father, show them that You love them as much as You love Me.' God values every man as much as Jesus Christ. We need to transfer this reality into everyday life, into the marketplace, in our homes, in government, in media. Before, we might have treated someone as common or ordinary, but now we must realize how valuable that human being is, no matter what he or she looks like or acts like.
"That's the core of honor. So now we have to demonstrate it. Honor can be displayed in action, in word and thought, and all honor originates from the heart. This is why God says, 'My people honor Me with their lips but their hearts are far from Me.'
"Jesus is a prime example when He returned to Nazareth. His own people didn't honor Him. They withheld honor, and they got a very small reward in heaven for it."
For more about John Bevere and his thoughts about godly honor, listen to this podcast.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer