How much do you really know about the Bible? Chances are, the holy tome is Not What You Think. At least, that's what authors Michael and Lauren McAffee say in their latest book.
Lauren and her husband, Michael, recently released Not What You Think, a book they hope will crush dated misperceptions about the Bible and spark the younger generations to look at God's Word not as a book of rules or a book of morality but as a story about what God has done for them.
"We are particularly interested in millennials and Gen Z because, in looking at data showing biblical illiteracy and lack of Bible engagement, we see that it shows that millennials are the least Bible engaged generation in American history," Lauren McAfee, daughter of Hobby Lobby Founder Steve Green, told Dr. Steve Greene on a recent episode of "Greenelines" on the Charisma Podcast Network.
"As millennials ourselves, we wanted to be able to approach our own generation and look at some of the reasons for that and why we aren't approaching the Bible in a way previous generations had. When looking at the mindset that millennials have, that often was generally secular," Lauren said.
Michael offered further details.
"We had this growing, passionate desire to help rebrand the Bible to help our generation, our peers, see that the Bible isn't what they think it is," Michael said. "We want to help them form a new relationship with God. "We want to say to previous generations not to give up on us and to continue to pray for young people and to know that we have unique obstacles with the Internet age.
"But ultimately, the gates of hell will not prevail against the spread of Christ's church. We can have confidence in the Word of God that it will not return void and we can continue to share the gospel with boldness and confidence."
For more of the story of the McAfees' efforts, listen to the podcast below.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details