When the world constantly touts self-promotion and success, time spent with Alfred Regnery of the Regnery publishing family is refreshing.
His quiet, powerful leadership behind the scenes contrasts heavily against the boisterous noise of culture and is best exemplified in his recent book, Unlikely Pilgrim. The book details how his journeys through the old pilgrim routes of the Middle East and Europe are an outward expression of his love for the Lord Jesus Christ.
He says, "This is my third book, but by far my most important, as it best exemplifies the meaning in life and purpose that I have found tracing the steps of our Savior and those who love Him."
Traveling as a pilgrim from Damascus to Ephesus, to Philippi, Thessaloniki, Nicaea, Rome and more, Regnery shares the joy of the pilgrimage in saying, "Even as I write this, 10 months after returning from Thessaloniki, rarely a day goes by when some piece of the trip does not pop into my mind. It was more than a memorable trip; it was a truly life-changing pilgrimage."
Before embarking on this pilgrimage, Regnery was formerly a counsel to a Senate committee, a senior Justice Department official, president of Regnery Publishing—founded by his father as the premier conservative publishing company from 1986 to 2003—and the publisher of the American Spectator.
Though on the board of many conservative organizations and charities, it is his book, Unlikely Pilgrim, that best exemplifies his heart for Christ and reveals how the Lord Jesus Christ touched him later in life, changed his priorities and brought him joy.
His litany of accomplishments make it easy for Regnery to say, "Been there, done that," but his journey from world famous publisher to passionate lover of Christ is a message that takes priority over money, fame and "followers." Regnery instead prioritizes Jesus' redemptive power.
"After having led a major publishing company, newspaper and served various conservative and educational causes for decades, these past years following my coming back to Christ through the ministry of Father John McCloskey, my life has taken on a meaning that transcends all that I accomplished before."
Regnery lives out a good message, especially for those just starting their careers who may buy into the big lie that money and fame will bring satisfaction, when becoming an Unlikely Pilgrim and following in the steps of Jesus is the key to living a most meaningful and fulfilling life.
Amir George is the author of Liberating Iraq and directs The World Helpline at theworldhelpline.org.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details