After 11 years of repeat losses, 2021 is shaping up to be a year of firsts for professional golfer Stewart Cink as he cinched the RBC Heritage title in Hilton Head, South Carolina, on Sunday.
But it's not the dedication and hard work that Cink credits for his win: It's his faith in God.
Before teeing up for his second PGA event of the season, Cink set his mind on the challenge ahead and thanked God for the opportunity to learn:
Cink's PGA run has been a family affair, with his son, Reagan, as his caddie, and his son, Connor, flying in to support him. "It's just an amazing blessing," Lisa said of having the whole family together to celebrate the win. "God has blessed us beyond words, and I'm just super grateful and I love them so much."
A win to remember for Team Cink. ❤️ pic.twitter.com/sR1zBTlKF4— PGA TOUR (@PGATOUR) April 18, 2021
Following the tournament, Cink relayed to reporters the secret to his "joy and peace" both on and off the golf course. It's not "planets or some signs or tea leaves," he says, but "faith in Jesus Christ, and that is the number one tenet of my life."
"I don't seek peace and joy out of golf, because I know I can never depend on it to fully sustain the kind of peace and joy that I'm looking for, and it's too low of a target," he continues.
Though his golf game benefits from this supernatural blessing, it's not the end goal for the 47-year-old. He hopes the same fruit of the Spirit he exhibits while playing would be evident to all, and he encourages others to embrace them as well. That peace and joy, Cink says, is "available to everybody—is something that you don't have to wait for the circumstances" to produce—"it's there, and that's what we choose."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details