There are moments where life in general is going extremely well. Everything appears to be falling into place; everyone's in good health; we have great jobs; the right doors are opening; and there is a roof over our heads to rest at night. It's during these times that we celebrate and reflect on the goodness of the Lord. For me personally, I have recently watched some things unfold that I have been waiting to come to pass for decades, right before my eyes.
It is in these good times that we pause and remember those who are going through extremely bad times. Recently I was seeking the Lord about some minimal matters, and suddenly I noticed a bright flash of light burst out of an extremely dark realm. I couldn't tell if it was a vision or if it actually happened in front of me. While preoccupied with what I just witnessed, the Lord spoke to my heart; saying, "Angels are within the darkness. I am releasing angels into the dark days of people's lives." Then I started to see many different people from all walks of life who are in extremely severe and dark situations. Some got themselves into the mess they were in, but many had done nothing to cause it. I could see people sitting in prisons who were innocent but have life sentences. I saw young children in hospitals with severe burns or with incurable illnesses. There were single parents sick at home with little to no help at all. I thought of all of the many young children right in our cities who are being abused and trafficked. I was reminded about all of the mom-and-pop stores that have closed or are shutting down because they can no longer make a living. I know there are pastors and elders going through extreme situations in their churches; some possibly closing, or some pastors or leaders being forced out for reasons out of their control. There are those who have lost jobs or have been out of work due to car accidents or injuries. The list can go on and on.
Regardless of what category you fall into, some of you may be under such intense pressure that possibly you have recently thought about giving up on everything. Perhaps you can't take another day. I went through a season a few years back when I wasn't sure how I would make it through either. In just nine months' time, my wife lost her grandfather, her grandmother and then her mother. One month later, I lost my father. Both her mother and my father died from long battles with cancer. During all these deaths, I had clients in our business who owed us a lot of money and couldn't pay. All the while, I was attempting to write, travel and speak, sell some belongings on the side for extra income, not to mention that during the day I was working on a hot, dirty, highway paving crew for sometimes 12-15 hours per day—at times driving old equipment and shoveling burning hot asphalt for hours at a time in the scorching summer heat. That season was one of the toughest in our lives.
God got us through; He will get you through this!
If you are walking through the darkest days of your life, remember:
- You are not alone—God didn't abandon you. It may feel like it sometimes, but He didn't let you go. People may have left, but God won't. Even if you committed a crime or got yourself into a mess, guess what? God knows about it, and He is still with you. Sometimes we fail to remember that God works in the garbage and salvage industry, and He has been doing this dirty business for eternity. He cleans up garbage (mistakes) that we create and then He salvages what we accidentally destroy. He also works in the restoration business; He has a knack for restoring something to a better condition than what it originally was.
"For you have delivered me from death, even my feet from stumbling, to walk before God in the light of the living" (Ps. 56:13).
- Take every day one day at a time. While we were going through some of our darkest days a few years back, roughly 300 of the 365 days were a blur to me. It was like one long nightmare that lasted all day, every day. I had to learn to do what was most important for that day. Baby steps are often the best kind during these times.
"The Lord works out everything to its proper end—even the wicked for a day of disaster" (Prov. 16:4, NIV).
- You are walking through it now; one day you will step out forever! I know it sounds too simple to be true, but God has already orchestrated a way of escape for you, and somehow it will unfold right before your eyes. Oftentimes, it will develop right when we don't expect it. Eventually, I walked out of those difficult days. I look back now and still remember how challenging it was. One day, you will say, "I am out of it now, and it is finally over."
"I will remember the works of the Lord; surely I will remember Your wonders of old" (Ps. 77:11, MEV).
- God has released angels to fight for you! God took the time out of His full schedule to remind us that whatever you are facing is in His hands, and He's got it. Most of all, He has you in His heart. I want to encourage you that God has sent angels on your behalf to work in the darkest days of your life. He will see you through this.
"The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear Him, and delivers them" (Ps. 34:7).
The Lord has released an angel to combat what you are unable to fight anymore. The Lord bless and keep you; may He bring swift light into your situation. If you know someone who is going through a tough time right now, please pass this message along to them. I can't wait to hear what God does through you next!
Andy Sanders had an encounter with God just before his high school graduation that altered his life forever. He has since devoted his time to preaching the gospel and writing. He co-authored the Capturing the Supernatural series (capturingthesupernatural.com). Andy has a B.A. from Central Bible College and carries a master's degree and a doctorate in Christian education from Freedom Seminary, graduating with honors. His family resides in Syracuse, New York.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details