"Humor is the one magnet that reaches everybody."
Sue Duffield is a speaker/singer/humorist and the author of Suebiquitous:(A Humorous Travelog of an Unfiltered Saint).
Her 46-year ministry is still going strong today, bringing her faith-filled music, humor and Spirit-led message to a whole new generation of women. This Jersey girl transplant is the host of the podcast, Suebiquitous, rides a Harley, is an avid social media junkie and is foremost an advocate for abused women and children worldwide.
She lives in Tennessee with her pianist-producer-husband Jeff, and online at website at sueduffield.com.
"Isn't it just like God to create laughter as one of the best expressions of worship? Humor is the one magnet that reaches everybody."
When you laugh, there's a whole different convulsion of emotions and endorphins that are released. Isn't it like God to create laughter as one of the best expressions of worship? I've been researching how people have seen healing as a result of laughter.
Jeff and I love to go into senior centers and nursing facilities. At one event, we went to the dementia and Alzheimer's ward of a Delaware mental hospital, where many patients yell and sing out with limited control. Well, something happened that day, and we got to laughing about something and singing these silly songs. These wonderful, godly angels who are suffering mentally, all got to laughing so hard, many of them were crying and laughing and doubled over in their wheelchairs.
The staff that were all standing there watching said, "We've never seen this before." I said, "This, my friend, is a worship experience to where we allow the Holy Spirit to enter this room that will speak their language. They are depleted of humor. They are depleted of something to laugh at."
We ended that day by singing "On Christ the Solid Rock I stand." This one woman, who has been known at the hospital for speaking expletives, stood to her feet and sang with me word for word with tears streaming down her face. The staff looked at me and said, "We have never seen her do that before." Now what is the difference? The difference is—they laughed. It was like a cleansing of their bone marrow. We left that place and hardly talked for an hour. We knew we had experienced something supernatural.
Don't ever think humor is just something we throw in. Humor is the one magnet that reaches everybody. If it's done right, it can be very healing.
Tune into this episode of Make Life Matter with Angela Donadio and see how laughter is the best medicine.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details