This week on Live Your Best Life with Liz Wright, Liz sits down with Barry and Lori Byrne, founders of the life-transforming ministry, Love After Marriage. The marriage covenant is a serious institution that represents Jesus' relationship to the church.
Because Christ-centered marriages are so important in God's heart, the enemy wants to pull them apart. We need to recognize anything coming against our marriage and stand with our spouse in unity against it, "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood" (Eph. 6:12a, NIV).
Lori talks about the importance of having the Holy Spirit in the midst of our relationship because we can't do it without him! Hearing and obeying the Holy Spirit is foundational for having a successful marriage. The Byrnes share powerfully simple tools that help couples restore their connection and frame up the spiritual reality around them. It is vital for husbands and wives to get their needs met by God and then give to each other out of the overflow.
In talking about the importance of honesty, Barry shares that "when we try to live as one and yet we're not fully open with each other, we can't fully know each other. We can't fully have God in the picture if we're not living as He lives; in truth and in love." No other relationship is described as two becoming one, so it is critical to invest in and protect that covenant. Often the parent-child relationship is put before the spouse, yet the marriage exists before and after children are in the home. The Byrnes also give insight into what the dynamic between husband and wife is truly meant to look like.
Recognize your spouse's heart is holy ground and see them through God's eyes. Receive the blessing of a supernatural marriage as God ignites a deep intimacy and oneness in your relationship.
Listen to this episode of Live Your Best Life with Liz Wright on the Charisma Podcast Network.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details