Family movies raked in the awards at the 2020 Movieguide® Awards Gala and Report to the Entertainment Industry, with The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part taking home the top prizes.
"It's so fun to work on these movies because [co-director] Trish [Gar] and I get to watch it with an audience as we're working on it," The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part Director Mike Mitchell said. "There's nothing cooler than looking at a dad laughing at one of our jokes and he looks down at his 8-year-old daughter and she's laughing at the same joke. It's just so inspirational. I'm so thankful for you guys and (Movieguide® Founder and Publisher Dr. Ted) Baehr to honor a film that's for the whole family, that's so great that everyone can laugh at."
The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part won Best Movie for Families, and A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood won Best Movie for Mature Audiences.
Other movie and television winners include:
—Dolly Parton's Heartstrings: These Old Bones for Faith & Freedom® Award for TV.
—The Least Of These: The Graham Staines Tory for Faith & Freedom® Award for Movies.
—A Puppy Christmas for the Genesis Animal Award.
—Aryn Wright-Thompson (Overcomer) for the Grace Prize® For Movies.
—Jonathan Roumie (The Chosen) for the Grace Prize® For TV.
—Overcomer and Christmas Wishes & Mistletoe Kisses for the Epiphany Prizes® For Movie and TV, respectively.
Movieguide® also awarded longtime TV host Kathie Lee Gifford with the Visionary Award, presented by former Regis and Kathie Lee co-host Regis Philbin.
"When I sat in that darkened little movie theater in Annapolis, Maryland, when I was 12 years old, and watched a Billy Graham's movie called The Restless Ones, it spoke to my heart. I felt like I heard Jesus himself say to me, 'Kathie, I love you. If you'll trust Me, I'll make something beautiful out of your life,'" Gifford shared in her acceptance speech.
"Now, all these years later, I'm writing movies, I'm producing movies, and, by the grace of God, now actually even directing movies in Israel to the oratorios that God has been blessing me to write with some of the greatest writers in this world. I simply cannot believe God's grace and bounty in my life. I will forever praise Him and thank Him and, hopefully, make many, many, many movies to come," she continued.
The Movieguide® Awards will be broadcast on Hallmark Drama on Feb. 24, 2020, at 11 p.m. EST/PST, 10 p.m. CST. The show will be available for streaming on the Hallmark Everywhere app on Feb. 25.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details