A pro-life group offered the perfect response on Friday to singer Miley Cyrus' controversial social media post that featured the former "Hannah Montana" star licking a cake adorned with the message: "Abortion is healthcare."
Cyrus' post went viral and sparked debate last Tuesday after it was shared on her social media platforms, but pro-life group Save the Storks decided to offer a twist on the image and message.
The organization released its own photo. In the image, a baby is seen sitting next to a cake that reads, "Celebrate life."
"Women's rights begin in the womb!" the caption reads. "Very special collab with moms who've chosen life. Like if you believe in healthcare for ALL — including the preborn."
View this post on Instagram
Women's rights begin in the womb! Very special collab with moms who've chosen life. Like if you believe in healthcare for ALL - including the preborn. #EmpoweredWomenEmpowerWomen #StrongWomenStartAsStrongGirls #ProLove #ProWoman #ProLife #MileysMomChoseLife #BabyCharlee #CuteBabies
Save the Storks used the chaos and furor over Cyrus' initial photo and message to make an important point about their work—and to illustrate some truths about abortion.
"Miley Cyrus posted a social media meme and message that blatantly steers women toward abortion," Joe Baker, founder of Save the Storks, said in a statement. "We at Save the Storks want to shine a light on her insensitive post and obvious disregard for the truth about abortion."
Save the Storks is an innovative organization that partners with pregnancy resource centers to offer medical vehicles known as Stork Buses. These buses, which have exam tables, restrooms, counseling services and sonograms inside, have saved 6,000 babies thus far.
This article was originally published on Pure Flix Insider. Visit Pure Flix for access to thousands of faith and family-friendly movies and TV shows. You can get a free, one-month trial here.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details