Actress Sam Sorbo is on a mission to help improve education, telling PureFlix.com's "Pure Talk" that she is deeply concerned about the state of schooling in America.
Sorbo, who is a passionate homeschool mom and the wife of Hercules actor Kevin Sorbo, made it clear that she believes education is one of the most essential issues of the day.
Read Also: "4 Inspirational Movies That Could Help Your Marriage"
"Education colors your worldview ... and it colors the way you approach every problem," she said. "Education is literally foundational."
Sorbo warned that she believes schools are teaching kids that "life doesn't matter," that it is "just a series of accidents" and that evolution is true.
"We're teaching children lies and then we wonder [why] they act out," she said.
Sorbo added that she's a strong advocate for home education, as she has homeschooled her own kids and believes in the power of parents controlling what their children learn.
The actress and author also went on to discuss the importance of marriage, explaining how she and her husband have built a strong and long-lasting union despite working in such a challenging industry.
"We set our priorities when we got married," Sorbo said, adding that she and Kevin committed early on to never spending more than two weeks apart.
Twenty years later, the couple is still going strong, surviving in an industry that too often creates and fosters relationship-ending pitfalls. The two recently co-wrote a devotional titled Share the Light: 40 World-Changing Devotions.
"In Hollywood, careers tend to diverge," Sorbo said, explaining that the different demands that performers face as their careers sometimes lead them to move apart from their spouse.
She recalled how, at the start of their relationship, she found herself questioning how she would pursue her entertainment career in Los Angeles while Kevin filmed his former TV show, Hercules, in New Zealand.
"I was just going, 'I wonder what this is going to look like' and then [Kevin] had three strokes," she said, explaining that this posed newfound challenges. "I had to make a choice ... I [needed] to give up my career in order to be there for this person that I love."
Kevin's health struggles eventually led Sorbo to make a major sacrifice—to put aside her career for the good of her family and marriage.
During that time, she learned quite a bit, admitting that she's not sure the marriage would have endured had both she and Kevin continued their respective careers and potentially grew apart.
"As Christians, we find in our sacrifices great gifts," she said. "In fact, it was a gift. It was a gift to me because I don't know that our marriage would have survived."
Sorbo continued, "Instead, we grew together, we came together."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details