Miley Cyrus has claimed she is "genderless" and said she hopes it will become "the new normal".
The controversial pop star said: "I feel like everything and nothing and all at once ... I feel very genderless, I feel ageless".
"So I feel very much like there's no us and them, there's no me and you, I feel like I'm kind of just, I want to be everything and I want to be also kind of nothing ... hopefully that stops being weird", she added.
Cyrus, who has previously described herself as "pansexual", made the comments on ITV's Lorraine program.
The remarks were not the first time the 24-year-old has claimed to be gender-neutral.
Last October, she told Variety magazine: "I don't ever think about someone being a boy or someone being a girl."
"I feel very neutral", she added.
Cyrus has previously been criticized for sending children the wrong message through her revealing outfits and sexually explicit performances.
But in 2013, she told BBC Radio 1's "Newsbeat": "I feel like I'm one of the biggest feminists in the world because I tell women to not be scared of anything. I'm for anybody and anything, I don't care what you want to do, what you want to look like."
Cyrus is not the first person to make claims about their chosen gender and age.
In 2015, a Canadian man who was married with seven children shared how he left his family and now "lives as if he is a 6-year-old girl."
Paul, who is in his 50s and calls himself Stefonknee Wolscht, lives in Toronto with friends whom he refers to as his "adoptive mommy and daddy," dresses in children's clothing and plays with their grandchildren.
Wolscht was 46 when he left his wife and family. He was homeless for a spell and attempted suicide on two occasions.
In an interview with a homosexual news website, he explained that he is living as a child in order to escape his past.
He told Daily Xtra: "In my mind I was never allowed to be a little girl so I'm filling that tank of little-girl experiences."
"By not acting my age, I don't have to deal with the reality that was my past, because it hurt," he added.
Earlier this year, the Family Policy Institute of Washington released a video showing students at the University of Washington responding to scenarios of "gender-fluid identity."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details