The Darkest Hour, a new late-night television program, is scheduled to debut this month to combat the rising rate of suicide, depression, abuse, addiction and overall hopelessness rampant in our nation. The dynamic new show features raw and compelling stories of individuals who have found their way out of the pit of defeat by discovering a purpose for living.
Produced by Jay Lowder Harvest Ministries, The Darkest Hour originated from founder Jay Lowder's deep desire to reach out to the countless number of people who feel trapped, alone and unable to escape problems that often appear unsolvable.
"The Darkest Hour is the culmination of a dream—to give to others what was first given to me," said Jay Lowder, visionary and director of the show. "I am convinced that the most important thing a person can know is not when but why they were born. My hope is that The Darkest Hour will help those who are searching or feel lost discover purpose for their life."
The program seeks to counter startling national statistics regarding suicide, dependence, depression and abuse and provide hope for those suffering, including:
- The more than 16 million American adults affected by depression each year.
- The 40 million Americans age 12 and over who meet the clinical criteria for addiction involving nicotine, alcohol or other drugs.
- The 1 in 4 women experiencing domestic violence in their lifetimes.
- The nearly 500,000 people who visit a hospital annually for injuries due to self-harm.
The Darkest Hour explores the stories of individuals who experienced deep pain and hurt but through an encounter with Jesus, found recovery and restoration.
Individuals featured in the program include former gang member and prison inmate PyRex, rape survivor Alisa Kaplan, depression and suicide survivor Theresa Romo, former drug addict Matt Conti, and Purple Heart recipient and double amputee Stephan Jackel.
Lowder's personal story of alcoholism and near suicide, even going as far as holding a .22-caliber pistol to his temple before his roommate interrupted him and saved his life, is also included in each of the three episodes.
"The moment I gave my life to Jesus, it was like I had gotten a new start—a new chance. It was like the storm was over," said Lowder. "My story is like so many who today are walking through a living hell, but I am evidence that there is hope. That is what we want to show through this program."
The ultimate goal of The Darkest Hour is to help individuals understand they are not alone in their hardships and connect them with others with whom they can relate and from whom they can learn.
Additional stories will be featured online at thedarkesthour.tv, and Jay Lowder Harvest Ministries is also encouraging viewers to share their own personal stories through the website in order to inspire others.
Three episodes of The Darkest Hour will air over the course of 18 weeks on a number of television networks nationwide beginning in late October. Specifics on the show's airdates and channels will be announced in the coming weeks. For additional information, visit thedarkesthour.tv.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer