Justin Bieber is not God, and he will disappoint you every time, the pop superstar told Mirror in a new interview.
"I would really suggest to people, 'Don't put your faith in me.' Because I'm gonna disappoint you every time.
"Yeah. It's scary. But I want them to know that I'm not going to be able to solve their problems... I'm not that higher power," Bieber told the site.
"I'll never be. I'm not perfect. I've made so many mistakes. I just want to get to a place where... I just want people to know humans aren't meant to be worshipped. We're just not. So when a human is being worshipped, this is dangerous. 'Cause it does nothing but give you pride."
The comments come after Bieber's spiritual turnaround as he refocuses on God in his life.
For his birthday last week, Bieber's mother, Pattie Mallette, tweeted that her birthday prayer was that the Lord would encounter her son.
And last month, Bieber told GQ he would be a "terrible, terrible person" without God.
"I feel like that's why I have a relationship with Him, because I need it. ... Like, when I'm by myself and I feel like I have nothing to lean on? Terrible. Terrible person," Bieber told the magazine.
"If I was doing this on my own, I would constantly be doing things that are, I mean, I still am doing things that are stupid, but. ... It just gives me some sort of hope and something to grasp onto, and a feeling of security, and a feeling of being wanted, and a feeling of being desired, and I feel like we can only get so much of that from a human," he said.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details