Over the last year, pop superstar Justin Bieber revinvented himself around his relationship with God, telling GQ that without the Lord, he would be a "terrible, terrible person."
"I feel like that's why I have a relationship with Him, because I need it. ... Like, when I'm by myself and I feel like I have nothing to lean on? Terrible. Terrible person," Bieber tells the magazine.
"If I was doing this on my own, I would constantly be doing things that are, I mean, I still am doing things that are stupid, but ... It just gives me some sort of hope and something to grasp onto, and a feeling of security, and a feeling of being wanted, and a feeling of being desired, and I feel like we can only get so much of that from a human," he continued.
Bieber is set to headline the V Festival in England along with Rihanna, Sia, David Guetta and more. He's also featured in Zoolander 2 with Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson.
Bieber's comeback has been widely chronicled, um, religiously. His Purpose album puts his faith front and center, with single "Love Yourself" continuously topping Billboard's Hot 100 chart.
Before his return to faith, though, manager Scooter Braun says he was afraid for Bieber's life.
"As I started to see it going in the wrong direction, I started to prepare," Braun tells The New York Times of Bieber circa 2013. "I honestly at that time felt, if he toured, he could die."
But not anymore. As part of his 2 Corinthians 5:17 transformation, Bieber is even engaging in a bit of spiritual warfare.
He told GQ focusing on his flaws and negativity is, "exactly what the devil wants. He wants us to not be happy. He wants us to, you know, not live the life that we can truly live."
As for God, Bieber finds himself wanting to draw closer to his Creator.
"The whole thing with religion is you present yourself holy and bring your offerings so that God can bless you, when the whole point of the relationship [should be], 'No, I'm gonna do this because he loves me," Bieber said.
"I'm gonna do this because he's amazing and not because [I] have to, [but] because [I] want to.' That's the whole thing with religion that's been throwing off the people. It's not a 'have to.' It should be just like a personal relationship. Like, 'Hey, I love you because you first loved me.'"
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details