Christian rapper Jahaziel denounced Christianity three days before the celebration of Christ's birth.
"A short while ago I turned away from 20 years as a professing Christian. I had a good job with a church organization, a house provided by the church, a large social circle of likeminded people, a career in gospel music, a worldwide fan base, a respected reputation & status within Christian and non Christian circles," Jahaziel wrote on Facebook.
In 2013, the U.K.-based rapper told CrossRhythms he was shying away from fame for the sake of the gospel.
Now, the tables have turned. The man Rapzilla called one of the most important U.K. artists in the history of Christian hip-hop has not only renounced his faith, he's questioning the foundation Christianity is built on.
In the Facebook post, Jahaziel told followers he cannot believe the Bible is the infallible Word of God.
He later posted a follow-up for those who were questioning his decision.
"You can believe the bible and its God all you want but to me he just demands my fear because he cannot earn my respect. I cannot possibly agree that he is love unless I ignore all the men, women and little children he has slaughtered throughout the entire bible," the post reads.
"But maybe some peoples Christian lenses won't allow them to see that - cool. Mine didn't either for s (sic) long time. I have tasted and seen - and my conclusion is that Christianity (it's flawed book, bloodthirsty god and mythical savior) i have found unsatisfactory and unworthy of my allegiance or worship unless by threatening to kill me if I don't - as Christianity does."
The statement seems ironic from the same man who penned the following lyrics:
Help me God
(So help me God) So if you hear I got my eyes to the hills
Tho' when's cometh my help
If I seem strong you know they strict fane of myself
You don't know how I fell them fell flat on my face
Crawled back on my knees he put me back by his grace
Now I'm back on the case
Closin' the mouths on my critics
They haters, doubters and (cynics) told me I'm out of my lyrics
But God's far from finished with me
In fact he just started
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.