Come Sunday, Keith Hudson will be among the crowds. Not at as a traveling minister, though, but in the stands during his daughter's Super Bowl XLIX halftime performance.
"Oh no, I don't have a problem. She's gonna do some good ones—she's excited," Katy Perry's father says.
Perry and Hudson have clashed over values since Perry left Christian music to pursue a pop career. Perry believes in astrology and aliens, but not God—yet their relationship remains intact.
"People don't understand that I have a great relationship with my parents—like, how that can exist," Perry tells Marie Claire. "There isn't any judgment. They don't necessarily agree with everything I do, but I don't necessarily agree with everything they do. They're at peace with—they pray for me is what they do."
However, in that same interview, she tells MC she has barred her parents from certain performances—like President Barack Obama's inauguration—because the family disagreed on politics.
Hudson has attended Perry's megaconcerts before, though he was disturbed by what he saw.
"I was at a concert of Katy's where there were 20,000 people," he says of one performance. "I'm watching this generation, and they were dancing and jumping around. It was almost like church! I stood there and watched how much they were admiring Katy. I thought, 'They're loving and worshipping the wrong thing.' I couldn't help but weep and weep and weep."
Hudson and his wife, Mary, became pastors in the 1980s and traveling evangelists in the '90s. Keith labels himself as an end-times messenger, while Mary is an author and prophet, according to their website.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details