It's no secret that singer Katy Perry is not living the Christian lifestyle she was raised in. She's once again breaking all the rules with her recent declaration that she plans to have children with or without a husband.
"I don't need a dude," the 29-year-old entertainer told Rolling Stone for the Aug. 14 issue, where she appears on the cover. She mentioned her friends, homosexual actors Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka, who have twins.
"It's 2014! We are living in the future; we don't need anything. I don't think I'll have to, but we'll see. I'm not anti-men. I love men. But there is an option if someone doesn't present himself."
But don't expect Perry to become a mom anytime soon, as she continues to pursue her career.
"I see that my sister is completely devoted to [her] kid, 24 hours a day," she explains. "And so far, the little girl is so alert, so aware, so conscious, so beautiful, so happy, and I want to be doing that in the right time, and that's not in the next two years, you know? Maybe it's in a five-year plan, but I need to really be able to focus 100 percent of my attention on it. I don't really want to take the child on tour. Not until, like, birth through [age] 5 is over."
Perry is no stranger to controversy. Christian artists are suing her over alleged song theft, and Muslims have charged her with blasphemy. Some in the church are calling for prayer for Perry and other young Christian artists who seem to have lost their way.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details