It has been about a year since Angus T. Jones left the show Two and a Half Men, after playing the character Jake for nearly 10 years.
His leaving was controversial. In an interview he blasted the sitcom and asking people to stop watching it.
Jones claimed he wasn’t living the life he wanted as a Christian. He found himself rediscovering his faith and that was making it difficult to play his role in the hit show.
“It was difficult for me to be on the show and be part of something that was making light of topics in our world where there are really problems for a lot of people,” said Jones. “I was a paid hypocrite because I wasn’t OK with it and I was still doing it.”
So he left the show after his contract ended. But in hindsight he says, he could’ve approached it differently. He admits he feels guilty for openly criticizing the show and creator Chuck Lorre.
“That’s his like baby and I just totally insulted his baby and to that degree I am apologetic but otherwise I don’t regret saying what I said,” said Jones.
These days he’s going to school in Colorado, growing a beard and spending time with the World Harvest Outreach Church in Houston.
Saturday, he told his story to parishioners about how he found God. He’s become a close follower of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details