Ask Sigmund Freud to interpret a dream, and he'd tell you that it was about sex. Ask Carl Jung, and he'd tell you it was about the self. Ask John Paul Jackson, and he'll tell you dreams come from God and can have spiritual importance.
"Dreams are one of mankind's greatest mysteries, and they can guide, protect and encourage you," he says.
Dreams are important for well-being. The average adult will have four dreams a night, even if they can't remember them. When a dream is remembered, people often wonder, "What does it mean?" and "Was this important?"
This fall, dreamers and mystery lovers can explore and interpret dreams on a new TV show, Dreams & Mysteries With John Paul Jackson. Jackson is a recognized authority on Christian spirituality and dream interpretation. Every week, Jackson will explore supernatural mysteries and "explain the unexplainable" using stories and demonstrations extracted from biblical texts with real-life spiritual application and often with scientific proofs.
Dreams & Mysteries has a documentary, "Ted Talk" format with single topics, such as justice, angels, evil, power of choice, true spirituality, time and the law of attraction.
"We are dealing with big concepts that impact the very fiber of people's destiny," Jackson says. "We want to help people to understand their dreams and explore spiritual mysteries in a way that is relevant, thought-provoking and meaningful."
Western dream analysis, led by Freud and disciple Jung, reduced the scope of dreams to a physical reaction or an activity of the soul (or psyche). According to Freud and Jung, the psyche exposes the unconscious mind, and dreams do not have spiritual or prophetic importance. All major religions—and Jackson—strongly disagree.
"Dreams that come from the eternal spiritual source can be life-changing, but unfortunately too many Christians try to use a Freudian or Jungian instead [of a] biblical approach to dreams," Jackson says. "It's like trying to unlock a door with the wrong key—it doesn't work."
Jackson has interpreted over 40,000 dreams and has identified dream categories and dream symbols, like colors, animals, activities and numbers.
"What if last night, you had a God dream that gave you an answer to an important question, but you didn't realize it?" Jackson asks.
Dreams & Mysteries With John Paul Jackson can be seen Thursday nights at 10:30 p.m. EST starting this week and Wednesdays at 4 p.m. EST on Daystar.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details