Here's a quick summary of the top stories on charismanews.com:
August has definitely been a turning point, and in recent weeks we have had the opportunity to watch some incredibly shocking events unfold which will change the course of history permanently.
At this moment, Hurricane Ida is the biggest story that everyone is discussing. As I warned about on Friday, Ida went through a period of rapid intensification in the Gulf of Mexico before coming ashore in Louisiana on Sunday as an absolutely monstrous storm. It hit New Orleans exactly 16 years to the day after Hurricane Katrina did, and many are pointing out that this seems to be a really strange coincidence.
When Hurricane Katrina made landfall in Louisiana in 2005, it was a Category 3 storm, but Hurricane Ida was actually a Category 4 storm when it made landfall near Port Fourchon.
From senators to congressmen and congresswomen to retired military officers to the families of the 13 who were killed in front of the Kabul airport, some are beginning to call for the impeachment of Joe Biden for the manner in which he handled the Afghanistan situation.
Speaking in front of the Capitol, Congressman Andy Biggs, R-Ariz., joined Congressman Louie Gohmert, R-Texas; Lauren Boebert, R-Colo., and others, saying, "They have utterly failed to fulfill the most basic responsibility of an administration."
"I was in the service when Jimmy Carter betrayed America, and I never dreamed I would see such dishonor again," Gohmert said.
Brazilian pastors, Christian leaders and faculty from South Florida Bible College gathered recently to hear about Brazil's support for Israel and meet one of Brazil's most popular politicians in "Israel: A dynamic Relationship." The symposium, held on the SFBC campus in Deerfield Beach, Florida, featured presentations by International Christian Embassy Jerusalem USA Director Dr. Susan Michael and Brazilian Congressman Eduardo Bolsonaro.
Dr. Mary Drabik, president of SFBC, welcomed attendees, emphasizing that SFBC would be a pro-Israel campus under her leadership and was delighted to host the afternoon event.
Michael opened with a presentation about the various obstacles Israel currently faces, such as the threat of a nuclear Iran and the global Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions movement, fueling antisemitism worldwide. She then explained the multitude of reasons for supporting Israel.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details