Join us on our podcast each weekday for an interesting story, well told, from Charisma News. Listen at charismapodcastnetwork.com.
Here are five practical ways to support God’s chosen people:
1. Equip yourself with reliable information, avoiding bigotry and disallowing “blind spots.” Recognize the disposition of the popular press. Assess reports cautiously but not with paranoia. Become familiar with the basics of history in the Middle East, and understand the unique dynamics of what’s occurred in the past century.
2. Accept with continuing faithfulness the Bible’s call to “pray for the peace of Jerusalem” (Ps. 122:6), and pray that our nation will govern in the light of Genesis 12:1-3 (“I will bless those who bless you ...”).
3. Prayerfully consider visiting Israel as a point of practical support. (See p. 48.)
4. Show friendship toward Jewish people. Affirm that, as a Christian believer, you stand with Israel as a point of your Bible-based commitment to God.
5. While acknowledging the terrorist habits of radical Muslims, be gracious to others who identify themselves among the people groups in conflict.
Take action because it’s such a pivotal time. Today the showdown that we face is so close to becoming a marshaling of the nations of the earth against Israel and whoever is left that stands with them.
Yet, ultimately, the final issue will be who is for Christ and His way and who is not. The Lord has called us to be a people who will touch people and will stand with moral and biblical convictions for critical issues. By reason of what’s discussed on these pages, it’s obvious this is one of those. Let’s take our stand!
Please visit the website of Pastor Jack Hayford at www.JackHayford.org.
For a limited time, we are extending our celebration of the 40th anniversary of Charisma. As a special offer, you can get 40 issues of Charisma magazine for only $40!
NEW from CHARISMA: Do you want to encounter the Holy Spirit and hear God speak to you? Increase your faith, discover freedom, and draw near to God! Click Here