The Canadian police are at it again. Pastor Artur Pawlowski, who, along with his brother, Dawid, who were arrested in May for organizing church services that challenged rules on masking and physical distancing, was taken into custody Monday on the tarmac at the Calgary International Airport and charged with contempt of court for an alleged offense on June 5.
Pawlowski's attorney, Sarah Miller, confirmed his arrest as did the Calgary Police Service's duty inspector, but the latter did not know what Pawlowski was arrested for. Pawlowski was flying back into Canada after a four-month trip to the United States where he spoke with several members of the conservative media.
In June, the Pawlowski brothers were found guilty of contempt after allegedly violating COVID-19 health orders. Globalnews.ca reports that, at a sentencing hearing earlier this month, "Alberta Health Services asked that Pawlowski be jailed for 21 days and that his brother be sentenced to 10 days. The court was asked to fine Artur $2,000 and impose $15,000 in costs."
A decision on the matter is expected on Oct. 13.
In an email, Canadian media personality, political activist and broadcaster Ezra Levant, however, says Artur Pawlowski was voluntarily returning to Alberta to face the wrath of the government. But since the hearing is not for another two weeks, Artur is legally a "free man."
"So why did the police arrest him again, in another SWAT-style raid?" Levant asked. "He's not a flight risk—he was literally flying back to Canada to face his fate. ... This is shocking. It's terrible proof that Albert is becoming a police state, much in the same way Australia is."
Levant says that Alberta, Canada, remains the only jurisdiction in the free world to jail Christian pastors for the "crime" of opening their churches during the COVID-19 pandemic lockdown. Levant says "this is a deep shame to the province and to any police who claim they're merely 'following order' to do its dirty work. This lawless arrest shows things are even worse than we thought."
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details