With the emergence of social media, business and particularly nonprofit organizations were eager to see how the widespread coverage afforded to them would affect their goals.
And yet, as recent news reports have shown, opinions outside of mainstream ideas succumb to the "cancel culture" of media giants.
Should views go against the popular opinion, the organization is censored or even shut down.
Life News, an independent pro-life news source, is just one of many organizations that has had its content censored.
A notable instance of this occurred in 2017:
And more recently:
NeverTrump Website The Dispatch Colludes With Big Tech To Censor SBA List's Pro-Life Ads https://t.co/Hi2bAAumZh— Harriet Baldwin (@Harriet85630192) November 25, 2020
"Twitter has specifically banned LifeNews from any pro-life advertising, and it frequently censors our content and shadowbans our account—making it impossible for all of our followers to see our content," the news source said in a news release. "And now Twitter is slapping big warning labels on some content it falsely claims is false."
While less-censored apps like Parler or MeWe are becoming a trend for those who wish to obtain information in a less traditional route, there are conflicting views on the apps.
Some predict the apps will take the lead in social media:
Congratulations @Google @YouTube @Twitter - you are driving people away from your platforms.— The_Original_TTG (@PhoeniX_TTG) December 9, 2020
I encourage people to shift to other platforms, even paid services that are open and preserve free speech.@LBRYcom@rumblevideo@OfficialDLive@parler_app@mewe@ProtonMail@ubuntu https://t.co/2k1RxMx2n9
While others are less than thrilled with the loose parameters in what can be posted online.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details