Suicides are occurring at an epidemic rate.
People lack an understanding of who they are and why they were born? They often wander through the days—and years. Christians are among them.
How would you respond if asked, "What part of your life reflects God's desire to be known among every people group on the planet? Are missions someone else's call? Do you need to be on foreign soil to be a missionary?"
When Casey Morgan and his wife were asked, they didn't see how any part of their life reflected God's desire. Wrestling with this question eventually led them to serve as missionaries in Asia.
But many Christians have local calls: in their hometowns, on school boards, working various careers and more. None is more important than the rest.
God created each person with purpose, their own Great Commission. Finding that purpose helps each person grow and walk in the peace and satisfaction Jesus promised in the Bible.
Who Is Called?
Discovering a personal mission simply means learning more about how you're "threaded into God's story of redeeming people from every tribe, tongue and nation to Himself," said Jennifer Baldridge, who is launching a new Perspectives course in Findlay, Ohio, Jan. 11.
The 15-week course is designed for people from all walks and stages of life. It unifies ministry leaders and awakens believers to live a missional lifestyle, Baldridge added. The mission: to mobilize by educating the body of Christ in the United States to strategic engagement in God's global purpose. In short, it connects the body globally to better support each other in fulfilling the Great Commission.
"Perspectives is, in my experience, the single best discipleship course to mobilize the church to God's mission," said J.D. Greear, pastor of The Summit Church in Raleigh-Durham and course alumni.
Founded in 1974, Perspectives is now in more than 30 countries. The nondenominational discipleship training program brings in 15 diverse and quality instructors for each class. For the upcoming class at Gateway Church and streaming online, Jaime Saint, of ITEC, grandson of martyr Nate Saint, and Blake Staton, All Nations International, are among the instructors.
The course is for anyone who wants a closer walk with God and who is serious about gaining a deeper understanding of His ultimate purpose in the world.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details