The British Museum is to offer "sex and relationship education" to children, using a series of sexually explicit exhibits.
Beginning today, officials at the museum will put on workshops for children as young as 11 on topics including pornography, homosexuality, bisexuality and transsexualism.
Director of the British Museum Hartwig Fischer told The Times: "We run a sex and relationship program that works much better in museums where you have objects that you can relate to and where it is easier to talk about these things."
Laura Perrins, co-editor of The Conservative Woman, said parents should "guard against" pupils being sent to the lessons on class trips.
She warned that the idea had been devised by "sexually obsessed radicals" who want to "expose other people's children to pornographic images and sex toys."
"It falls completely in line with state-promoted, value-free, amoral sex education, which probably is contributing to making a lot of our teenagers pretty miserable."
Referring to the exhibits on display, she also noted that "ancient Rome and Greece was a very nasty place for women and children."
The program received criticism from as far afield as the U.S., with President of The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary Dr. Albert Mohler saying the museum was attempting to foist a particular worldview on children.
Dr. Mohler said, "An awful lot of parents in Great Britain are going to be sending their children to the British Museum believing that they're going to be seeing great paintings, Egyptian mummies and also the famous Elgin Marbles from Athens, but that's not actually all the children will be seeing."
Remarking on The Times' description of the exhibition, Dr. Mohler added that it was so explicit, he could not bring himself to describe it in his radio blog.
Pupils will be directed to view several exhibits including the Warren Cup, a Roman drinking vessel which depicts men having gay sex, and the Mesopotamian goddess Ishtar, a supposed symbol of transsexualism.
Museum Director Fischer claimed the classes were part of the museum fulfilling its "civic mission."
The British Museum's classes begin on Thursday and will run to October 15.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details