After years in Iranian captivity with brutal torture at the hands of radical Muslims, Pastor Saeed Abedini issued a plea for all believers.
"We are living in a sobering moment in history that calls us, as believers in Jesus Christ, to take a stand with Israel. We could be people of the last hour. We are not to be passive in the face of prophecy; we are called to pray with passion, to intercede, and to minister according to the words of the Savior who said it is not our task to speculate when the end will be. It is our responsibility to do Kingdom business until He comes (Luke 19:13)," Abedini posted to Facebook.
"If you are looking forward to Yeshua's second coming, when the world as we know it will change, then you want to stand with Israel. You will help us spread the Good News of Yeshua's love to the Jewish people who are being awakened, whose eyes are being opened and whose hearts are being changed today like never before," he wrote.
Israel appears volatile in a time of significant unrest in neighboring countries and this region.
Just this month, Avigdor Lieberman stepped into his role as defense minister under Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, which the New York Times claims is a threat to future peace in the area.
"It's hard to imagine peace talks moving rapidly forward in the immediate future for a number of reasons. But it is entirely possible to imagine Israel's relations in the region and beyond moving backward with a defense minister who has threatened, among other things, to conquer Gaza or bomb the Aswan Dam in the event of a war with Egypt. Mr. Lieberman's ties with Israel's own military establishment are frayed, most recently by his defense of an Israeli soldier arrested for executing a wounded Palestinian," the New York Times editorial board opined.
Despite international affairs, Israel remains God's holy nation as described in Deuteronomy, and Abedini says believers must stand by the country.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details