The U.S. government has been tasked by Congress to issue a report on Unidentified Flying Objects in June this year. UFO sightings have been reported for decades, and previous U.S. government reports have tended to discredit them, saying most sightings have natural explanations. Ufologists, those who follow UFO reports, investigate them and extensively report on them, claim the government is hiding information that should be made public. The hope is that this report will reveal all the government knows with honesty and transparency. But what does it mean for believers?
After spending over a month imprisoned for holding "illegal" church services, James Coates, pastor of GraceLife Church in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, has more hurdles to jump—this time in the form of literal fences built around the perimeter of his church.
As of 8:30 a.m., police vehicles and unmarked SUVs were blocking entrances to the church parking lot.
"Alberta Health Services physically closed GraceLife Church and has prevented access to the building until GLC can demonstrate the ability to comply with Alberta's chief medical officer of health's (CMOH) restrictions," AHS said in a statement obtained by Global News Wednesday morning.
Yesterday, Christians across the globe celebrated the Resurrection of Jesus Christ, the event that split eternity and brought salvation to all those who believe in His name.
But Sen. Raphael Warnock, D-Ga., senior pastor of Atlanta's Ebenezer Baptist Church, wrote in an Easter tweet that "The meaning of Easter is more transcendent than the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Whether you are Christian or not, through a commitment to helping others we are able to save ourselves."
First, she shook the evangelical world by leaving the Southern Baptist Convention. Now, Beth Moore, arguably the evangelical world's most famous Bible teacher, has begged forgiveness for supporting the theology of male headship rooted in many evangelical cultures.
In a Twitter thread Wednesday, April 7, Moore took aim at complementarianism, the 20th century theological framework that argues men and women were created for different roles and that effectively champions male headship and female submission.
For some evangelicals, complementarianism is a line in the sand. Those who question it are seen as undermining belief in the Bible. Moore said that was wrong.
"Please get out. Get out of this property. Immediately get out."
Pastor Artur Pawlowski, pastor of Calgary's Street Church in Alberta, Canada, gave this emphatic response to police, city and health department officers who interrupted a worship service he was holding Saturday at the Fortress (Cave) of Adullam per Calgary CTV News. The video he posted of this encounter has now gone viral, with a reported 1 million views as of Sunday morning, per the Washington Examiner.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details