Here's a quick summary of the top stories on charismanews.com:
A shooting at a crowded Colorado supermarket that killed 10 people, including the first police officer to arrive, sent terrorized shoppers and workers scrambling for safety and stunned a state that has grieved several mass killings. A lone suspect was in custody, authorities said.
Hundreds of police officers from throughout the Denver metropolitan area responded to the Monday afternoon attack, converging on a King Soopers supermarket in a busy shopping plaza in southern Boulder. SWAT officers carrying ballistic shields slowly approached the store as others quickly escorted frightened people away from the building, some of its windows shattered. Customers and employees fled through a back loading dock to safety. Others took refuge in nearby shops.
One suspect was in custody, a tearful Boulder Police Chief Maris Herold said late Monday. Authorities didn't identify the suspect, though Boulder County District Attorney Michael Dougherty said the suspect was the only person injured and was receiving medical care.
He was a family man to seven kids ages 7-20 years old, a dedicated Christ-follower and an advocate for those in need. "Above all else, he loved his family and his Lord Jesus Christ," Homer Talley said of his son, according to the Wall Street Journal.
Police Chief Maris Herold spoke of the sacrifice Talley made during his 10 years of service in the Boulder Police Department. "He felt a higher calling and he loved his community," she said.
Prayers and thoughts for Talley's family flooded in as news broke.
In March 2020, the rallying cry "flattening the curve" was launched by a political consultant who helped coordinate the public health strategy to slow down the spread of COVID-19, the then-named pandemic. Although any curve when flattened just turns into something long[er] in duration, the concept became popular promptly.
Blue state governors and mayors across America in particular were eager to jump on the bandwagon, in the process inflicting catastrophic damage to small businesses and to the economy in general.
Regarding the resulting trillions of dollars in additional debt, we call to mind what Nobel Laureate in economics Milton Friedman (1913-2006) called the first principle in such matters, namely that government does not have any money, only people have money. The government solely gets its funds by pocketing its citizens' money.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details