With the recent news that U.S. life expectancy plunged in the first half of 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic, health is something we all think about these days. But Daniel Kennedy has an even deeper concern: to promote health so people can increase their years of healthy living—to help them have a healthy long life.
"Medicine has done an incredible job at fighting disease, but not promoting health," Kennedy, CEO of Oasis of Hope, an alternative cancer treatment center in Playas de Tijuana, Mexico, says. To that end, Oasis of Hope has produced a new documentary, Healthy Long Life, which he says, "goes through a lot of the top issues on how to be healthy as you age." Available on Amazon Prime, the documentary provides information to help people prevent cancer and other diseases and to stay healthy as they age.
"Our life expectancy in the United States right now is a little over 79 years, but the CDC also measures how many of those years you'll be healthy, and they call it the healthy life expectancy," Kennedy says. "So life expectancy is about 79 years, but healthy life expectancy is only 69 years.
"That really got my attention," Kennedy says, explaining that most of us hold some beliefs about health that we need to change, including the idea that doctors exist to "fix" us when we're sick. "We're very passive about our health," he says. "and that is really what Healthy Long Life is focused on: what you can do."
Not only does the documentary feature Kennedy's interviews with experts such as Dr. Francesco Branca, director of nutrition for the World Health Organization; other international medical professionals; and researchers, but it includes stories of people Kennedy calls "cancer victors." By this, he means "people who had advanced stage cancer but were able to turn it around. ... And they are going to tell you exactly how lifestyle medicine has more impact than your genes."
To hear more from about how you can have Healthy Long Life, listen to the entire episode of the Strang Report podcast here, find the Healthy Long Life documentary here and share these resources with friends and family who need to know the truth about lifestyle medicine. Make sure to subscribe to the Strang Report podcast on Apple Podcasts or your favorite platform for more informative and inspiring stories.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details