Author and intercessor Amir George has a passion for the truth and for our nation. His journalistic presence in Washington, D.C., gives him an insider's knowledge of people and events in our nation's capital, and his regular intercession on behalf of government leaders sharpens his spiritual focus.
The recent inauguration of President Joseph R. Biden has left George with deep concerns for the future of the U.S., he says—but despite the evil, he also sees hope, and he encourages believers to pray into that hope.
"This is a completely different type of situation than just flipping of power, how we go back between conservative and liberal," George says. "This is not liberal, conservative; this is old-fashioned communism. And I think we should be honest about it as believers. We need to pray. But we also need men and women of courage who will start standing up ... Joe Biden is a nice guy .... He's a gentleman, a Catholic, but he's not in charge. And that's what's frightful."
George says the people behind Biden who are truly in power are vehemently anti-Christian. "They hate America; they believe America's foundation is wrong, and it has to be destroyed." He says we are facing "very, very difficult times" but that the good side to all of this is that "we've been allowed to see the face of evil. The veteran missionary of Iraqi descent says, "My life changed when I was in Iraq and under Saddam Hussein. One of the problems of good people is we're so good we don't realize how evil [the world is]."
George adds that in addition, he believes we're in the beginning stage of a Great Awakening. "Key people have really come out for God. But it's an awakening of the deplorables. It's very interesting. It's a move of people ... who have lived imperfect lives, who've come to God later. Mike Lindell comes to mind ... There's an army of imperfect people. And this awakening is being led, not by leadership, not by establishment people, not by people who have been believers for generations, but by people that have been imperfect, and they met God."
George says he believes this awakening is on the way and that these "deplorables" will lead it. For more about what he has to say about the real news behind media reports as well as the future he believes God has in mind for our nation, listen to the entire episode of the Strang Report here, and be sure to subscribe to the Strang Report on Apple Podcasts and at our home on the Charisma Podcast Network for more inspiring, challenging content with the real people behind the headlines.
Amir George directs the World Helpline at theworldhelpline.org. He urges anyone who wants to be a part of daily prayer on Capitol Hill at 7:30 a.m. and 12 p.m. to contact email@example.com.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details