There is a difference between being tired and being weary.
The feeling of being tired at the end of the day is satisfying. You sleep and wake up refreshed and ready to tackle another day.
But weariness isn't physical.
Weariness is a soul and spirit weighed down, exhausted, worn out—and crying for relief.
While weariness can be traced to worry, anxiety or unforgiveness, it can also result from bad habits or health issues. And in my next post, I will talk about 10 things I do when I am weary.
But establishing healthy habits is of little value if we don't first find rest in Jesus Christ.
When you find yourself soul-weary, the first place you need to go is to your war room. And here's why: Satan will take advantage of your weariness. He will whisper lies to your heart.
He has already been creating a strategy for your demise.
He wants to use your weariness for his purpose, to steal your joy, to rob you of your purpose and to destroy your testimony.
When you are weary, you need to get in your war room and begin developing a strategy against the enemy—a war plan for victory!
5 War Room Prayers to Pray as a Weary Woman
1. "But those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles, they shall run and not be weary,
and they shall walk and not faint" (Isa. 40:31).
God, I look to you. I hope in You. I purpose to linger here in expectation of You. You have promised that when I wait on you, You will give me new strength; that You will cause new power to spring up inside of me. You promised I will soar with wings as eagles; I will run and not grow weary, I will walk and not be fatigued.
I pray You will grant me that strength today by the power of Your Holy Spirit. In Jesus' name, Amen.
2. "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavily burdened, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you, and learn from Me. For I am meek and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light" (Matt. 11:28-30).
Jesus, you said when I am weary, exhausted and burdened, I need to come to You.
I am coming to You today. You promised if I come to You and follow You, You will give me rest; You will refresh me. You promised that if I take on Your burden and learn from You, I will find soul-rest.
Jesus, I need rest deep, deep down in my soul. Teach me. Train me how to wait on You. Show me how to lay down my burden and take up Your burden instead. In Jesus' name, Amen.
3. "It is in vain for you to rise up early, to stay up late, and to eat the bread of hard toil, for He gives sleep to His beloved" (Ps. 127:2).
Lord, my hurt inside has caused sleepness nights. Out of busyness, I woke up extra early to get a head start on my day. I've worked too hard and exhausted my body and soul. Rather than feeding my spirit Your Word, I fed on my hurt, my pain. I fed on my work. I fed on my to-do list, and now I'm utterly weary.
I know now that it was worthless. And now I am asking you to give me rest. Give me sleep. Give me rest deep down in my soul so I can wake up feeling refreshed and renewed—body, soul and spirit. In Jesus' name, Amen.
4. "I will both lie down in peace and sleep; for You, Lord, make me dwell safely and securely" (Ps. 4:8).
Heavenly Father, I need Your peace right now. My soul is weary, my spirit is exhausted and troubled. But Your Word says that You give us healthy mind and soul. You also say that You help me to abide in Your confidence, hope and security.
Right now, I choose to lay down every burden in my heart. I choose to receive your peace, confidence and hope. Please give rest to my body, soul and spirit. Help me to sleep in Your perfect peace. In Jesus' name, Amen.
5. This day is holy to our Lord. Do not be grieved, for the joy of the Lord is your strength" (Neh. 8:10b).
God, I choose to today—right now—to consecrate this day unto you as a day of significance. Today I choose to lay down my hurt, my pain and my past. Today I choose to receive the joy You give: the joy of the Lord.
In Your Word, You promise Your joy gives strength, refuge, safety, protection. You promise Your strength is a stronghold to which I can run.
Please be my strength. Be my refuge and my safety. Give strength to my body, soul and spirit—the strength only You can give. In Jesus' name, Amen.
Rosilind Jukic, a Pacific Northwest native, is a missionary living in Croatia and married to her Bosnian hero. Together, they live with their two active boys, and she enjoys fruity candles, good coffee and a hot cup of herbal tea on a blustery fall evening. Her passion for writing led her to author her best-selling book The Missional Handbook. At A Little R & R she encourages women to find contentment in what God created them to be. You can also find her at Missional Call, where she shares her passion for local and global missions. You can follow her on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
This article originally appeared at rosilindjukic.com.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details